Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So Far, So Good

So my first infusion back went well yesterday. Things moved along speedily and I was actually out of the clinic just after 1:30pm, having arrived at 9:00am. We did some more oxygen testing, and I still qualify for home oxygen when I'm exerting myself, but I'm closer and closer to the cut-off point. I wasn't particularly tired after everything either, so we went out on the boat with our friends who are in town right now, and had dinner over in Kirkland. I don't know if I'll ever get tired of going to eat via water instead of land. We also picked up Ian in the boat—his work, being at NOAA, not surprisingly has a dock that he can use, right behind the Seattle Yacht Club. On the way home, we stopped by again and he brought his bike to the boat for the ride home. We didn't want to have it jouncing around with us for the afternoon and evening, but it was much more convenient to pick it up that way than to send Ian to work on a bus this morning. Anyway, I slept well last night, and had a nap this afternoon. I am just now starting to feel particularly tired, and I can sense that tomorrow will be a day of rest. But first, another supper out with friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calin, I didn't realize that Ian was at NOAA. Chris Wright's husband, Luther Black, is also at NOAA. Two students whose husbands are at NOAA, what are the chances of that? So, life is really six degrees of NOAA, not Kevin Bacon

allyson said...

I know you're not going quite so fast these days in the boat, but it is so great that you're getting to go out. Enjoy your day of rest. Big hugs xoxo AQ

CMT said...

I'm certainly not going quite so fast these days *out* of the boat, but *in* the boat we're still zipping along, even in the big bumps. Ian and I both woke up with sore necks the other morning ;).

Anonymous said...

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of you laughing and talking and slicing through the water with a big smile on your face. I also love the idea of Ian commuting to work via speed boat. Awesome.