Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It Seems the Drugs Do Deserve Some of the Credit

So here it is, 2:37 in the morning, and I'm wide awake. This week Ian is here, and we went to bed at a reasonable time (about 11:30). I turned off my light a little after midnight, then lay there in bed, getting awaker and awaker, until I finally gave up around 1:30 and just got out of bed. I made a list of things to do and people to call, ate a couple slices of bread and butter and two pieces of really, really stale licorice, and now I'm blogging. I'm not tired or sleepy at all, so I think I can forgive myself for what appeared to be total self-indulgence last week in the matter of 30 Rock and the 3:20 am finishing time, and just assume that even a mere 2 mg of dexamethazone is 2 too many for me to sleep.

No comments: